Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT: Prior to booking please ensure we are the right type of venue for your stay.
Bookings: Please note we only accept firm bookings, for more information please see below.
COVID 19 Specific circumstances:
If you can't travel due to lockdown restrictions preventing you from travelling to us, we will offer you alternative dates to come and stay.
If you can't travel due to you needing to self isolate or if you are ill you will need to claim off your travel insurance. Alternative dates will only be offered if we manage to re-let your booking dates otherwise, in this situation no refunds will be given.
If you feel unwell with symptoms whilst staying with us, you must advise us and depart that day, returning to your home address. You would need to make a claim on your travel insurance. We can assist with documents where needed, and in this situation no refunds will be given.
Noise: We are designated a quiet site so noise must be kept to a minimum. Playing of loud music is not permitted. We are not suitable for boisterous or loud guests.
Groups: We do not accept Hen, stag, 18th or 21st birthday groups.
Dogs: 2 well behaved dog is allowed. Outside of the designated area of the Lodge the dogs must be on a lead at all times due to livestock on site. Dogs must not be left unattended in the accommodation.
Leave it as you found it: We operate a leave it how you find it policy. Additional charges will apply if when you depart your accommodation is left in an unsuitable state (e.g. washing up left, food left etc).
Damage deposit: On arrival a £150 pre authorisation is required on a debit or credit card prior to collection of the keys. Refund of deposit, less any damage monies kept, will be made within 7 days of departure.
Check-in / Check-out times: Check-in time is 4:00 and 7:00pm . Check-out is strictly by 10am. .
BOOKINGS ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1) A payment of 50% of the price of your stay (which includes known add-ons) must be paid to confirm your booking, or a valid, in date, gift voucher. All outstanding balances are due 6 weeks prior to your arrival date. If your stay is booked within 6 weeks of your arrival date, full payment (which includes known add-ons) must be paid at time of booking. Receipt of the relevant payments will mean your booking is accepted, and becomes a 'Firm' booking. In the event of non-payment, we reserve the right to cancel the holiday and no refund will be given, if monies had been paid.
2) All accepted bookings (deposit or full amount paid) are firm bookings. If you are forced to cancel, please contact us by email or phone. In the event of cancellation we will attempt to re-let the holiday and if we are successful we can offer you either a refund (less administration fee) or alternative dates. The offer of a refund only applies if you have made payment(s), including any final balance payment when due. If the holiday is not re-let you will be held liable to pay the full balance due on the dates you have booked. You are advised to take out Holiday Cancellation insurance to cover this eventuality.
3) The lodge has a maximum capacity of 4 guests, this number includes babies, infants and children. If additional persons, including babes in arms, are brought, which brings the number of occupants to more than 4, either the additional occupants will be asked to leave, or the whole party will be asked to leave. No refunds will be given.
4) In the event of exceptional circumstances, and a cancellation occurs by us, our liability shall be limited to the return in full of the monies paid.
5) Only the families/persons quoted when booking are allowed to stay at the property. No third parties are allowed to stay at the property and bookings are only transferable with our prior agreement. The person named as party lead on the booking is responsible for the group and liable for any damage caused and/or monies outstanding.
6) The property Owner is not liable to the guest, or members of the guest's party for the loss or damage to any belongings or personal property of any of them.
7) As Owners we shall not be responsible for the death or personal injury to a guest, or member's of the guest's party.
8) In the event of misbehaviour or other inappropriate behaviour we reserve the right to terminate the let without any refund of monies.
9) 2 well behaved dogs are allowed in the lodge. Dogs staying must be mentioned and agreed at time of booking. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all time whilst outside the designated area of the lodge. Dogs must not be left alone in the property. All dog mess must be picked up with appropriate bags and disposed of in the designated bin. Any damage caused by the dog(s) will be charged. There will be an additional charge for the entire stay for your dog(s).
10) The Owner or their representatives shall be allowed access at any reasonable time during occupancy for the purpose of emergency maintenance or repair or any other need.
11) The Lodge is let on a 'Leave it how you found it' basis. If following your departure the Lodge is left excessively messy or dirty which requires additional cleaning/setting up, you will be charged an additional cleaning supplement. or cost will be taken from the Damage Deposit.
12) Guests are responsible for the condition of the Lodge and the furniture and fittings therein. Whilst accepting that the property is cleaned between 'lets' the guest shall leave the Lodge in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found.
13) We ask that any breakages or faulty equipment is reported, as soon as possible, so that we may replace them.
14) In the case of breakages/damage, the cost of repair or replacement will be taken from the damage deposit taken on arrival. If the costs of replace or repair exceed this amount, a further charge will be made against the payment card that was used when checking in or when the booking was made. If payment is not made via payment card an invoice will be issued which is payable within 7 days. We reserve the right to hand any unpaid amount to a third party debt recover service.
15) All utility and services are subject to availability and we are not liable should outages occur beyond our control.
16) We operate a strict no smoking policy, inside the Lodge and especially in the vicinity of the Equestrian centre.
17) Visiting horses must be accompanied with their equine passports, and must be inoculated for equine flu and tetanus. You are liable for any damage caused by animals.
18) If you cannot arrive or continue your stay due to an animal having a medical issue, the booking cancellation policy will be invoked as per point 2.
19) On check-in we require a pre-authorisation, onto a valid credit/debit card of the current damage deposit value.
20) A charge for lost keys will be made.
21) Check-in time is between 4pm and 7pm. 7pm is that last time we undertake Hot Tub inductions. If you arrive later than this, the hot tub will not be available and the induction will be carried out the following morning.
22) If the behaviour of you or members of your group act in a manner to cause owners or other users of the centre, disruption, discomfort or distress you will be asked to leave immediately and there will be no refund.
23) Privacy: We will never pass your details to a third party unless required to do so by law.
24) Electricity is included in our tariff, however this does not extend to the charging of electric vehicles.
BRINGING YOUR HORSE ON HOLIDAY: (by phoned agreement)
As bio security is important (to all parties), the following Terms and Conditions should be followed:
1) We offer a stable(s) for any equine visitors
2) Bedding and hay can be supplied for a charge, to be discussed at time of booking. Alternatively, you can bring your own bedding and hay. If you feed hard feed, please bring that with you.
3) Bring your own mucking out tools, though wheelbarrow(s) will be made available.
4) A small isolation paddock will be available for horse(s) to stretch and relax if needed. This should be poo picked if used.
5) Parking area will be available for your transport.
6) There is an additional charge per night, per horse, to the cost of your stay at The Stable Lodge. When booking, via the website, when including your horse(s) is an 'Add-on' you will be charged accordingly. If booking via an OTA (online Travel Agent) you must indicate you are bringing horse(s) and payment will be made over the phone, if agreed.
7) Access to either of the school's will be available if they are free. Clean up after your horse if used.
8) Bringing your horse will be at your own risk. Any damage caused by the horse(s), will be charged.
9) Route maps for the local area will be provided.
HOT TUB USAGE:
1) Only guests staying in The Stable Lodge can use the Hot Tub.
2) Use can only happen after guests have attended a Hot Tub induction meeting.
3) No under 5's to go in the Hot Tub.
4) Under 14's must be supervised at all times.
5) No nudity
6) No glass items to be used in and around the hot tub vicinity.
7) Please shower and remove all make-up and fake tan prior to using the hot tub.
8) Hot tub lid should be in place when the hot tub is not in use.
9) Dogs must not be allowed in the hot tub.
10) Use of the hot tub is entirely at your own risk.
11) All damage to the hot tub must be reported immediately. Charges may be incurred.
12) The Owner will make every effort to ensure the hot tub is available for your whole stay, but unforeseen circumstances may arise which mean the hot tub would be out of service.
13) Access must be available so the owner can test the water twice a day.